Help with a Federal Agency

If you can't get a response from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive fair and timely attention to your concern.

Residents of the 8th Congressional District of Virginia may contact our office for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. We first will need you to fill out and sign a Privacy Release Form, which you may obtain by downloading and printing here or by requesting one from our office (703-658-5403). Fill out the form, sign it and return it to our District Office via mail, fax, or attached as a PDF to an e-mail.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with the Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem;
  • Your “A#” or case number for a case involving immigration or visa concerns;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home), and e-mail address so that we may obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you have received from the agency involved. 

U.S. Immigration and Citizenship Services Immigration Cases
The U.S. Immigration and Citizenship Services (USCIS) has created a new privacy release form, which can be found here, to be completed for all immigration cases under its jurisdiction. Please note that this form should not be completed for immigration cases under non-USCIS jurisdiction, such as those handled by the State Department.

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 requires that Members of Congress or their staff members have written authorization before they may obtain information about an individual's case.

We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.