The House Appropriations Committee announced that they will be accepting Community Project Funding (CPF) requests from Members for Fiscal Year 2024. Each Member is limited to no more than 15 Community Project Funding requests across all subcommittees and there is no guarantee that all requested projects will be funded.
Submissions for Community Project Funding requests are due by Monday, March 20, 2023.
- Congressman Beyer will NOT accept CPF requests for projects outside of VA-08.
- All projects must meet the relevant statutory and administrative criteria for funding through the grant program under which it is submitted.
- A request submitted to Congressman Beyer does NOT guarantee the project will be selected.
- The selection of a project does NOT guarantee it will be funded by the Appropriations Committee.
Eligible Entities & Projects
Only state and local government entities, public institutions, and non-profit entities are eligible to submit and receive CPF funding. Funding cannot be directed to for-profit entities and requests must fulfill state or local match requirements. While matching funds do not have to be in-hand prior to the request, requesting entities must have a plan to meet such requirements for the project to be viable. Additionally, each submission must be for FY2024 only and cannot include multi-year funding requests.
The Committee will only consider projects with demonstrated community support in the form of: letters from local elected officials; press articles highlighting need; support from newspaper editorial boards; mentions on State intended use plans, community development plans, or other publicly available planning documents; resolutions passed by city councils or boards; etc.
Projects will only be considered for funding if they have a federal nexus. Examples of a federal nexus are provided by the committee guidance.
Please see the list of eligible accounts, and links to their guidance below.
Please find the links to the Beyer Office forms for Community Project Funding at the bottom of the page.
Rep. Beyer made 15 community project funding requests for FY23, all of which were fully funded by the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023. A list of those projects is available here, with more details here.
Rep. Beyer made 10 community project funding requests for FY22, all of which were fully funded by the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2022. A list of those projects is available here, with more details here.
Fiscal Year 2024 Community Project Funding-Eligible Accounts
Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Agriculture–Farm Production and Conservation Programs
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (Conservation Operations)
- Department of Agriculture–Research, Education, and Economics
- Agricultural Research Service (Buildings and Facilities)
- Department of Agriculture–Rural Development
- Rural Housing Service (Community Facilities)
- Rural Utilities Service (ReConnect Program)
- Rural Utilities Service (Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grants)
- Rural Utilities Service (Rural Water and Waste Disposal Grants)
Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Department of Commerce
- NIST—Scientific and Technical Research
- NOAA—Coastal Zone Management
- Department of Justice
- COPS Technology and Equipment
- Byrne Justice
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Safety, Security, and Mission Services
Energy and Water Development
- Army Corps of Engineers (Civil Works)
- Mississippi River and Tributaries
- Operation and Maintenance
- Department of the Interior/Bureau of Reclamation
- Water and Related Resources
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Assistance—Emergency Ops. Centers
- Federal Assistance—Pre-Disaster Mitigation
Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Environmental Protection Agency
- STAG—Clean Water State Revolving Fund
- STAG—Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Army National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Navy & Marine Corps
- Navy Reserve
- Air Force and Space Force
- Air National Guard
- Air Force Reserve
- DoD, Defense-Wide
Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Department of Transportation
Fiscal Year 2024 Community Project Funding Request Forms